I, Mandy Jane Howells , hereby agree and commit to take the following steps to improve my accountability to myself and increase my chances for weight loss success, and to improve my overall fitness, health and wellbeing.
I understand that every kg I lose will:
• Improve my energy
• Lower my cholesterol
• Reduce my blood pressure
• Reduce aches and pains
• Improve my sleep
• Improve my breathing
• Decrease my risk of a heart attack
• Decrease my risk of a stroke
• Help prevent Type 2 Diabetes
• Increase my life expectancy
I will to the best of my ability make every effort to do the following for a period of three (6) weeks, beginning on Monday January 14, 2013 an ending on Sunday February 24, 2013, at which point the contract will be reviewed, and have the option for renewal.
- Plan, Measure and Weigh my food intake to ensure that I stay completely within my daily Calorie allowance of 1200.
- Keep a daily journal of everything consumed and/or my emotional health
- Participate in some form of exercise each day.
- Eat three meals and two snacks per day. Refrain from “grazing”, and choosing fresh, whole foods, fruits, and vegetables, and eliminating as much processed food from my diet as possible. Eat to satisfy my nutritional needs rather than my emotional needs. I will eat breakfast every day, and cutting out sugary drinks.
- Drink 8 glasses of water each day. – this is 2 x my water bottle
- Terminate all eating by 8pm each night. On nights where circumstances dictate I will be late home, I will choose a late light meal over stopping for an unhealthy meal before 8pm.
- I will not let one small slip-up convince me that I'm stupid, worthless, or a lost cause. I will respect myself by refusing to engage in verbal self-abuse, and I will find positive ways to comfort and support myself when I’m having a hard time. Specifically, I will meditate, dance, take a bath, take time alone to read or write, go for a walk
8. I will not sacrifice my own needs to make other people happy, or do for them what they can and should be doing for themselves. When there is a conflict between my exercise and eating plans and what other people want me to do, I will negotiate to find a reasonable solution that allows me to do what I need to do for myself.
9. I choose to be in charge of my own decisions and behaviour. I will not talk, think, or act as if my partner, child, spouse, cravings, or subconscious made me do it. I will ask myself what’s most important to me at that moment and make my decision. If I don’t like the consequences, I will try something different the next time
10. I understand my Key performance Indicators are :
• Weight loss of 10kg +
• Run 10km
• Weight loss of 6-10kg
• Run 5km
• Weight loss of 2-5kg
11. I will not allow myself to attempt to justify not following these rules. I will take complete control over what I put into my mouth, and not allow my emotions, other persons or boredom to influence what I think I want. I will do this each and every day, not making excuses or giving myself any “free-for-all” days.
I understand that this contract is solely with myself and carries no rewards, penalties or punishments other than those associated with the reflection of the strength of my character.
Date : 13/01/2013
Signed : M.Howells.