Friday, March 9, 2012

A love story

I have never been good at accepting compliments, but you know what, this 12WBT is forcing me to learn. I have NEVER had so many compliments as I have in the last two days.
In the past 2 days, literally more than 10 people stopped me and said "Wow, you look amazing..What are you doing?" or "I didn't recognise you, you look incredible"... or "OMG, you've shrunk".... or "You have lost so much weight, you look great".... but my absolute favourite was a lady at work today, who quietly took me aside and said " What have you done? I mean you look 10 years younger, have you had surgery or something?" ... No I've lost 15kg and got my life back.



I'm only halfway to goal , but my life is wonderful. My mental resolve is strong, I'm fitter, and enjoying exercise, I'm not missing bad food, I feel happy, sexy, ... I have fallen back in love with life. 
About to embark on week 5, I have already achieved more than I dreamed off when I signed up (because back then I really didn't believe I would do it) .
I'm becoming a runner, and I'm liking it. I'm eating well, and enjoying it, I'm embracing life and finally living it!


Thank you Michelle Bridges. Thank you.

1 comment:

Jane said...

amazing! you are doing SO well Mandy. you should be very proud of yourself.