Saturday, February 4, 2012

Little Champion

Well.. I am half way through I busy weekend with my daughters competing at Little Athletics South Coast regional championships today. It's a 2 day event, so back for another whole day tomorrow.
Despite the tuck shop options of Sausage rolls, Donuts, chips, lollies.. i ate my own carrot sticks, grapes, and corn thins. I came in at 1205 cals eaten for the day, and I am mighty impressed, but was not able to fit in any exercise. I did however volunteer to retrieve the discus so was running around after that quite a bit... but nothing official.  My daughters have both qualified for state championships with my youngest today becoming the under 9 girls regional Discus Champion. 
Isabella (centre) with her Gold Medal, posing with Shot Put Olympian Justin Anlezark
As much as I felt bad not getting in my exercise, It was a worthwhile sacrifice to see that smile on her face. I will get some calories burnt tomorrow for sure, as we have a 2 hour break between events tomorrow, so I'm planning a jog along the Kingscliff beach.  It was hot, hot, hot today... got a bit burnt, so a dip in the ocean might also go down a treat. 

No comments: